Promoting independence at home
Staying fit and healthy is an important part of maintaining good mental and physical fitness at any age. If a customer has an interest and ability to participate in local physical activities, our care assistants are able to support them and be involved. Or perhaps a customer may want support to do some simple exercises at home.
Benefits of Physical Activity
A healthy active lifestyle helps stimulate the brain and assists in staying independent. It can also be immensely enjoyable.
Physical activity helps to:
- Reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases
- Aid management of active problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol
- Improve the ability to function and stay independent in cases where people have lung disease or arthritis
- Reduce symptoms of depression and pain
- Improve balance and prevents falls
We encourage and support our care customers to take part in simple, healthy activities, which may include something as basic as walking or dancing. Of course, participation in any activity will depend on the customer’s choice and abilities. Our care assistants will discuss your preferences with you as part of your care and support plan.
How to find the right care assistant for you or your relative
Bluebird Care delivers care from locally based offices, find yours to start your care journey today.
2. Get in touch with us
Fill in our call back form or give us a call to find out how we can help you.
We’ll come out to you to find out what you or your loved one needs to help stay independent at home.
4. Care assistant chosen & care starts
You’ll be cared for by one of our specially trained team to support you to remain at home for as long as possible.
Find care near you
Enter your postcode or town below to find your local office